Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mrs. Wakefield rocks my world


Guess what Mrs. Wakefield invented in the 1930's? Thats right --the chocolate chip cookie. It is her inspired recipe that is on the back of every package of Nestle Tollhouse chocolate chips. And while I don't usually use Tollhouse chocolate chips (sorry), I always use that recipe because it is the best. That is not opinion, it's fact. By the way, if you don't have any eggs in the house (or if you are a vegan, or otherwise don't eat eggs), just replace the two eggs in the recipe with one really well mashed banana. I know, it sounds disgusting, but truly it is delicious. Actually, you can replace the eggs with banana in other cookies. Just use the ratio of 1/2 banana: 1 egg. It really works, and it really doesn't make the whole thing taste banana-y. It actually makes cookies really chewy and moist, and sort of caramalized on the bottoms. Mmmmm. It works really well in oatmeal cookies. You should try it.








2 comments:

gba_gf said...

That is an awesome tip about the banana! I'm so going to try it the next time I make cookies. I'm always looking for a way to squeeze in more nutrition for my kidlettes. Sweet- I'm so glad I stumbled onto your blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks! Yeah, I always have bananas that are on the brink of rotten, so it works out to make cookies.